If you strike me down, I will become more power-- ARRRRGGHH!!!
It's only a matter of time before the mass media gets a hold of this story of Darwinian stupidity. Via The Force.net, it seems that a few incredibly stupid geeks (there is nothing so embarrassing as being a STUPID geek) inadvertently set fire to themselves while reenacting their favorite moment:
    Two people have been left with severe burns after their home-made Star Wars light sabre exploded and showered them in petrol. Mark Webb and Shelley Mandiville are thought to have filled a fluorescent tube with fuel to imitate the screen weapon.

    But their clothing caught fire during the mock fight in woodland near Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, leaving Mr Webb with 40% burns. [BLOGGER'S NOTE: Would this indicate they were filming the end of Sith??] Police said both he and Ms Mandiville, 17, were in a critical condition in hospital in Chelmsford, Essex. A spokesman said fire crews called to the woodland found the pair on the ground. Police think they had been filming themselves at the time.

No comments: