2.15.2008

Multi-talented

Well, Jumper may be getting bad reviews, but not as bad as this one about Madonna's directorial debut. Yes, you read that right.

The quoted review has a Walter-Chaw-esque great line:
    "Well, it had to happen. Madonna has been a terrible actor in many, many films and now - fiercely aspirational as ever - she has graduated to being a terrible director. She has made a movie so incredibly bad that Berlin festivalgoers were staggering around yesterday in a state of clinical shock, deathly pale and mewing like maltreated kittens."

Only to be topped by the comments from WWTDD:
    "The only part I would disagree with was that she was once an "exhilaratingly talented star". At her zenith, she was average looking, an average singer, and an average dancer. Her only real talent was recognizing cool new producers and leeching off of them. And if that sort of thing was so praiseworthy, my ability to score with the sexy teen runaways I give rides too would mean I'm also an "exhilarating talent" and not a "sexual predator"."
I think this about sums up my opinion of Madonna.

No comments: