10.22.2003

Matrix: Revolutions
One of my friends has the temerity to call Matrix: Reloaded dumb and pointless. Using all my powers, I convinced him that like a lot of other thought-provoking and complex movies, you have to see it at least twice. And then you'll find that the more you know, the more you don't know.

In a nutshell, here's my theory about what is really going on: everyone is inside a larger Matrix program, hence Neo's control of the machines at the end. Neo represents the One as Smith represents the Many -- perhaps a biblical reference to the demon Jesus confronts, who says "I am Legion". If this is the case, then Smith is an allegorical-type of Satan who is destroying "God's" world (i.e., the Matrix and the Matrix-within-the-Matrix) by multiplying and corrupting programs (which could be allegorical for corrupting souls). Neo is the Christ-figure who will likely end up championion "God's" system in order to save everyone. Of course, there are a lot of other players in the game, each with their own religious/philosophical references. I'm just saying.

Incidentally, my own work's plot (as if you care) isn't anything like this, but it's been a while since something this cool has come about. If I'm right. If I'm wrong, well then I'll just use my new ideas for my own book. [Update: Sequel to my book, that is.]

No comments: