2.14.2004

Sure, James, I'll answer
Yet again flaunting his ignorance of popular culture, Jaquandor posts a questionaire that he took. However, since he doesn't have cable, I guess he shouldn't know that it is the famous Benard Pivot questionaire that James Lipton asks all of his guests at the end of Inside the Actors Studio on Bravo.

In any event, since I have no plans to become an actor, I won't waste my time waiting to get called onto the show for an interview. Here's how I would respond today:

What is your favorite word? Allegedly. It's fun to use, and if you've been around me in conversation, you know I like to throw it out there every now and then for humor.

What is your least favorite word? Slut. This is a word that captures the essence of double-standards as well as hypocricy, not to mention being used a lot by holier-than-thou religious types.

What turns you on (inspires you)? Music and writing. They are usually intertwined for me -- I'll listen to a song or phrase and think how I could use that in a story, and then I'll write and totally get off on it.

What turns you off? People who are not self-aware. Know thyself.

What sound do you love? A breathless sigh.

What sound do you hate? Alarm clocks on TV. My reaction is "shut it off! shut it off!!!"

What is your favorite curse word? Fuck. Especially when I use it like thus: "Fuck you and your family".

What profession other than yours would you like to attempt? I'm not sure I'd attempt to be a writer just on its own. Granted, I spend a lot of time writing and have since I was 10 or so, but I don't like the idea of pigeon-holing myself in one field. For instance, in my IT position, I do a great many things while keeping my hand in technology and I'm not a starving writer. I guess I'd ideally like to do my current job part-time and have more time for writing, as logistics is just too mentally taxing after 8 hours.

What profession would you not like to participate in? Waiter. I would last about an hour before I did a shoot-myself-in-the-foot with a customer.

Presupposing that Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? I forgive you.

No comments: