1.30.2004

Superbowl Commercials
In an effort to scare up some kind of hype for this weekend's Superbowl, MSNBC has listed what it considers to be a list of top Superbowl commercials of all-time for your voting pleasure. Frankly, after the Eagles foundered, I'll be more interested in watching the commercials than the game. In any event, here are my top five from the list, presented in ALL NEW REVERSE ORDER FOR YOUR PLEASURE.

Okay, after viewing them all I changed my mind. There are a couple of noteworthy consolation prizes, such as Mean Joe Greene's Coca-Cola classic, Apple's "1984" ad, and the "wassuuuup" Budweiser ad (which as I recall will forever be dated in one of my friend's wedding videos, alas), but the clear winner is the most recent: the Reebok "Terry Tate -- Office Linebacker". Terry ferociously destroys about a dozen hapless office slackers during the minute long clip, which was clearly either written by or stolen from the ESPN-ad guys. My favorite line from Terry, yelling over a recent tacklee: "Break was over 15 minutes ago... BITCH!!!"

No comments: