6.02.2004

Magical Endorsement
As most of you know, I'm a fan of Walter Chaw's scathing, learned, and intelligent reviews over at Film Freak Central. Nowhere else have I so enjoyed reading his verbal scythe run through movie bile, or his praise for film genius. In short, I value his opinion more than most, although I always reserve my own as final say.

That said, many of you are eagerly awaiting Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban's release this Friday. I thought I heard the other day on the radio that some critic called it one of the best movies ever, at which point I thought myself hallucinating.

Well, apparently that may be the case. If you read Walter's four-star review of the film, you'll happen across this little bit of praise:
    This third film is this juvenile epic's The Empire Strikes Back. It's hard to imagine the series ever besting it.
That in itself, as Mr. Chaw knows, is enough in itself. Translated for you non-Star-Wars followers, this movie may define the series, which has got to be exciting, since it isn't even the best book yet.

Harry Potter fans should pray that Alfonso CuarĂ³n does not leave the ship.

No comments: