10.10.2007

Jumper

Never heard of it until today, but I'm already interested because Doug Liman is directing it. A sci-fi adventure about someone who can teleport or "jump" around (apparently, from the trailer) from place to place instantly -- and who also only uses it to make his life easier and not be a superhero.The trailer at the official site is tight. I couldn't stop there, though, so I looked it up on Wikipedia, and found the "premise":
    "A genetic anomaly allows a young man to teleport himself anywhere. He discovers this gift has existed for centuries and finds himself in a war that has been raging for thousands of years between 'Jumpers' and those who have sworn to kill them."
Seriously, who is conspiring to ruin my fun? Why do they always have to throw in the "war that has been raging for thousands of years" angle? I mean, aside from it being uber-cliche, you'd think that someone would win one of these things after a while. I guess you have to pitch it so that p-brained executives can understand. Aside from that, they also got Jim Uhls (of Fight Club) to rewrite the script, so double bonus. Put it officially on my list of movies-to-see-in-the-theater-2008.

No comments: