1.09.2005

The Power of Education
A little girl who goes to school saves lives. The story touched me and reminded me why we learn. I think this is one of those kinds of stories that should be told as an example of why kids should stay in school, pay attention, and revel in the information that is being brought to them.

In other terms, when God closes a door, he opens a window. In real terms, shit happens, but it help to enlighten what it important, and what needs be done.

On a personal note, I feel some empathy for these poor souls who got taken by this earthquake. But, it has been many years since I have considered this planet to be anything other than a force of nature and we are just tiny inhabitants who can get struck down at any given time, regardless of reason or fairness or deservedness. I'm in awe of the good fortune I've been given over the years.

No comments: