3.30.2008

BSG: Old School

Battlestar Galactica fans are chomping at the bit in anticipation of the start of Season 4 this Friday, but in the meantime, NBC has decided to stream episodes from the first series online.I started watching the pilot, and not even two minutes in do we get an appearance by Rick Springfield as a young brash pilot named Zak. Zak Adama, did you say? Alas, we hardly had time to know ye.

Season 4 will also be the final season of the greatest television series ever. Did anyone's head explode on that? It's not an opinion, just plain fact. Look it up. I dare you. Okay, I will concede that Buffy is in the conversation, too, but that's it.

3 comments:

Kelly Sedinger said...

I watched some original BSG a couple of years ago, and I was surprised that it's not nearly the awful Star Wars ripoff everybody's always thought it was. It's not great teevee or anything, but there's some good stuff in there.

Kelly Sedinger said...

Oh, and I assume you noted the title of that original pilot episode...sigh....

Anonymous said...

Not to be pedantic or anything, but in the original BG, nobody had last names. So while the Zac portrayed by Rick Springfield was indeed Adama's son and Apollo and Athena's brother (the new BG did some drastic retooling on the Athena character, from what I understand -- I don't watch the new BG because I'm one of the handful of clueless old grumps who does not, in fact, think it's the greatest TV series ever, no offense), his name was not "Zac Adama." It was simply Zac.

Just to be clear, you understand. For the record. :)