4.09.2008

Shall I be offended?

This is just too amusing to let pass. Via WWTDD:
    Last week, supermodel Naomi Campbell was arrested after a violent outburst while boarding a flight from London to new York. Today the Sun has more details, including that allegation that she called the arresting officers racist names and blamed her treatment on the fact that she is black.

      Now cops claim she called a WPC a "white ****" and a "white s**g" as she was dragged off the LA-bound jet in handcuffs. The police source said Naomi continued, screaming: "f***ing white honkeys" at the officer and her colleagues.
      Campbell went berserk when she discovered one of her bags was missing at Terminal 5 last Thursday, allegedly spitting at officers who approached.
      Senior Scotland Yard staff were furious when Naomi later claimed police only arrested her because of her colour.
      She told a pal: "It just goes to show I have to fight for who I am. It’s because I’m black."

    A what? A "white ****"? "S**g"? Song? Slag? It's probably "slag" but I have no idea what the other one is. They wrote "fucking" as "f***ing", so its probably not "a white fuck". Cunt? Duck? Boat? Is that it? Did she just call me a boat? Or is she telling me to be a boat. Because i'm pretty sure I cant be a boat, even if I tired really really hard.
The funniest part of the whole thing is her use of "honkey". I mean, I know what a "honkey" is (I think), but isn't it a little redundant to call someone a "white honkey"? I think I would just burst into laughter if I was called that.

No sooner did I say that than Melis pointed me to this "definition" in the Urban Dictionary", #4:
    A term used by any other person who is not white to offend the white race, even though it doesn't offend one single white person. A way of getting back at the white man for using the word nigger.

    Black man: What up!?
    White man: Not much nigger, you?
    Black man: Hey don't call me a nigger you stupid honkey, before I beat your ass!
    White man: (bursts out laughing his ass off) Ha ha I don't give a shit if you call me honkey you nigger.
I am tearing up at work.

No comments: