4.21.2008

Twilight Preview

Cinematical links to a few preview videos concerning the very popular "Twilight" young adult vampire book series. From what they show, it looks like they are following the book pretty closely, which is always a good sign.
I've read the first book in the series, and enjoyed it. It couldn't be more different than another vampire series I raved about -- this one basically makes vampires extremely pretty, powerful, and magical, and there really isn't much of a downside to being one. Unless you fall for a human teenager. The book feels like one long high-school crush, which is not to say it's a bad thing (I'm a sucker -- no pun intended -- for vampires), but don't go looking for some meaty complex tale here.That said, I'll probably still see it in the theater. Now when are they going to make Already Dead? That would be killer. According to a really vague Wikipedia entry, it's "in the works". I won't hold my breath.

No comments: